What's your favorite Chicken Wings Sauce?

D

Derkler

What's your favorite sauce for your chicken wings? Do you go for the typical BBQ sauce or buffalo sauce? Or do you modify it, or just make your own sauce from scratch? I like to make my own sauce, but for simplicity, I might just modify the buffalo wing sauce.

What like to do is buy the Frank's Red Hot Cayenne pepper sauce, or any cayenne pepper sauce on sale. Then, I pour some into a sauce pan, add 1 - 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of apricot preserves. You can find that in the supermarket where they have the strawberry/grape jelly. Mix all the ingredients over low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Then I'll coat my chicken wings, usually fried, in the sauce. The sweet, combined with the hot, salty, and tangy flavor of the cayenne sauce is so delicious, it's heavenly. My guests ALWAYS devour the wings when I serve them.

What are your favorite recipes?? Do you make your own or buy your favorite at the supermarket?

V

vergie

I love eating chicken wings buffalo-style. Got some ingredients on hand - Cayenne pepper, Chili powder, Spanish paprika, mayonnaise, chopped garlic and a cup of chicken stock. Boil the mixture together and pour it on fried wings on a container and shake them well until the wings are fully-coated.

C

Caryn

I like making my own sauce for my chicken wings. I usually cook the wings on a low heat setting for about a half hour, turning them over after the first 15 minutes. After they have cooked for a half hour, I add my homemade sauce. The sauce consists of 1/4 cup of melted butter and 1/3 cup of Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce. I mix these two ingredients together and roll the chicken in the sauce. I then continue cooking the chicken once I have rolled the chicken in the sauce for about a half hour but this time on a higher heat setting. I turn the wings over after the first 15 minutes. I love this recipe. It tastes good and is very easy to make. Here is a tip: If you enjoy a milder tasting chicken, add a little less than a 1/3 cup of hot sauce to the melted butter. For a spicier flavor, add more than a 1/3 cup of hot sauce to the melted butter.

B

BBQNut

I use Buffalo wing sauce and dip it in blue cheese dressing. I've tried barbeque sauce but I don't like it as much.

H

Hysssss-teria

Mmmmmm Hot Wings !!!
I keep it simple. Like some others here, I like the Frank’s Original product. I cook the wings in Frank’s, straight up. Then I dip them in bleu cheese dressing, and coat that well with Tabasco. (I like ’em pretty hot!)

R

rayne

We have a favorite Jamaican Restaurant that has the best wings. I think they are done with a carribean jerk rub and then deep fried. Boy are they good. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

J

j_pin

I like a homemade buttery-spicy sauce as compared to a tomato paste like sauce. Zaxby's has amazing mild wings and I like hooters mild as well.

Homemade is the way to go though!

T

TequilaShotsAtTheBar

I love garlic parmesan wings. Those are definitely my favorite but you can never bear a good hot buffalo wing.

R

roses12roses12

I mix tobasco and salted butter in a saucepan. Taste and add more tobasco to my taste.

H

Hilt

Every once in a while I will crave something so spicy that it makes my eyes want to bleed, last time I got the hankering for it we had a crazy Spanish dish. My husband was impressed and while our mouths were all on fire (kids included) it was pretty yummy. Most times though I stick with something simple like old fashion BBQ or a nice honey.