What do you love about grilling?

grillin&chillin

Everyone here seems so passionate about this method of cooking! What do you love about it? The food? The time with family? The feeling? The traditions? Tell me everything! I love grilling because I get to spend time with my friends and family, kick back with a couple of beers (bud light for me), and be outside. Do you have any favorite recipes you like to use too?

bathwalter

I love grilling because this is an extra reason to be in the fresh air, an extra reason to call relatives or friends to visit. It unites and brings people together. Everyone is trying to find a cool recipe to try it and it is very cool. not one of our "grill parties" have ended badly.

About recipes ... Here is my favorite grilled shrimp recipe
  • Place the shrimp into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
  • Sprinkle paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper over shrimp. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate while grill preheats.
  • Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat, about 500 degrees F. Soak wooden skewers in water, if using, 10 minutes.
  • Either thread shrimp onto skewers to cook, or place the shrimp directly on the grill individually. Be sure that your shrimp are large enough to not fall through the grates if you are not threading them on a skewer.
  • Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side until they are no longer translucent. Serve hot.

jalapeno_jane

Personally, my favorite aspect of BBQ is taking an inexpensive cut of meat and making it into something that everyone can't get enough of.
Spares, pork shoulder, beef chuck, meatloaf, chicken (whole, thighs, drummies, leg quarters, wings), turkey, venison etc...
You kinda create magic with rubs, wood, sauces among other variables. I especially love cooking for small parties and family gatherings, like you do!