Three Bean Salad For Your Cookout or Buffet

G

grillcharm

I would like to share this three bean salad inspired by the buffets I went to when I was younger. Three bean salad is such a healthy option to go along with your grilled foods. It's loaded with vitamins and fiber. This recipe serves 4.

You'll need:
1 pound green beans, fresh or frozen
1 large can of brown chickpeas
1 large can of dark kidney beans (rinse them well)
1/4 cup of red onion, minced
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp honey mustard
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp Japanese sake

Directions:
1. Mix vinegar, sake, mustard, sugar in a large bowl. Then add onion and chickpeas and gently blend.
2. Cook kidney beans and green beans each for about 5 minutes. Drain, cool, and then add to chickpea mixture.
3. Refrigerate and serve.

I hope you enjoy my recipe!

R

R. Paradon

Hi grillcharm!

That sounds really great! Three bean salad has always been one of my favorites. I never prepared it with apple apple cider vinegar and Japanese sake but I am sure that will really put a great twist to it. Thanks!

L

LoveThatBBQ

I've never fixed this before but have eaten it many times. Thanks for this recipe, now I can give it a try myself and will do this in a few days when we have our BBQ party. :)

D

dissn_it

I have never tried to make my own before. I used to really dislike 3 bean salad as a kid but I love it as an adult. I usually just get some from the deli. It will be nice to just make it myself instead. Thanks for the recipe, I will give it a try soon.

G

grillcharm

I have never tried to make my own before. I used to really dislike 3 bean salad as a kid but I love it as an adult. I usually just get some from the deli. It will be nice to just make it myself instead. Thanks for the recipe, I will give it a try soon.

Same here! I hated it as a kid, probably because of the vinegar and undisguised veggies, lol. I think it's probably for more mature tastes anyway. I like it because it's any easy way to get fiber and it goes with anything - potato salad, ribs, burgers. It's a really simple and worthwhile side dish. And you can make a lot of it and take it to picnics or potlucks.

M

Mrs. Pirz

This sounds delicious!!! I've never had three bean salad but this is defintiely something I would try.:D