Thought I could learn, and just have discussions with others.

bsdunek

I've been grilling for about 65 years now. Dad did it, Grandpa did it, so it comes as a natural to me. I recently saw Steven Raichlen’s program on creat, tv and really liked what he was doing. Enough that I bought his book, Project Fire,
So, I've decided to join some grilling/BBQ forums and see what else I can learn. Maybe, make some new friends too.

tiewunon

Welcome Aboard. I belong to a couple of others also but not too active on any of them. You prefer grilling or smoking? I run both sides of that fence.

bsdunek

I like both grilling and smoking, but, I don't have a smoker. I do have a pretty good smoke box my Wife got me a few years ago, so that helps. I just about always put hickory twigs in it, as we have a hickory tree in the back yard.

tiewunon

I have a couple of ceramics hanging around I use for smoking. For grilling I have 2 gassers and grilling and occasional smoking a weber kettle and a PK grill. No hickory in my backyard have a couple of oaks along with apple, peach and plum. Pretty sure if I started sniffing around those fruit trees for wood my wife would have a kaniption.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
Greetings and salutations. I have seen his shows before, always liked them. Don't think I ever bought that book but had Barbecue Bible from him. How did you like it?