Simple mustard slather

C

Cowboy

I use many different kinds of slathers, but here's one that is incredibly simple and very tasty. I use this one when I'm low on ingredients for more complicated slathers or when I'm just feeling lazy. :)

2 c. yellow mustard
1/2 c. dill pickle juice
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. hot pepper sauce

Combine all ingredients, brush on your favorite meat or seafood, and you're ready to go!

G

grillqueen79

I might try this tonight! I won't be able to grill since it is still raining, but I have a pork loin that needs to be cooked. Maybe I will try this and just throw it in the oven.

M

Miss Piggy

I have never tried this slather before. Thanks, I will be adding it to my recipes. How do you think it would taste on pork chops? I am trying to find something new to do with pork chops.

C

Cowboy

It's fantastic on beef and pork, but I have also used it on salmon and it works great with that too. It creates a really nice, flavorful crust.

L

LoveThatBBQ

This does sound like a really good slather so I think I will add it to my other recipes for this. I really like to have a variety to choose from. Thanks for posting this one.

S

smoky

This sounds pretty tasty and different from what I usually use, which is nice. I do like mustard so this might start me off in a whole different direction.

B

Burg14

How spicy is it in the end? It does sound good - I love mustard rubs so I bet I would love this too. I think I might even add a touch of honey to it, to sweeten it up. Have you ever tried that?