Seriously need help! Can't find this part ANYWHERE!

BShady

Hi all, new here, and I hope some kind soul can help. I have an offset smoker that has a hanging 36" ash pan with charcoal grate attached to it. Mine is falling apart and I need a new one, but the longest I can find anywhere is 27.5" which is just too short. This silly part is about to shut my grill down as far as direct grilling is concerned. If I was a welder I suppose I could southern engineer something, but I'm not. Any ideas? Like this, but I need 36" in length! Can't find it!

tiewunon

Try the appliance factory. I was just out on their site under chargriller the 2137 ash pan is 35" IAW Laura customer service rep.

BShady

Who makes your grill?
Thanks Tiewunon, I did that just last night with the guys lol. It's got badges of "Red Stone" on the lid, and "Smoke House" on the front of the table that runs the length of the cook chamber. It was an inexpensive but seemingly pretty decent starter offset smoker from Southern Tractor Supply several years ago. I've searched for it by name far and wide - no hits. Searched similar looking offsets to see if I could find a manual with a parts list, no love there, It is seriously impossible to find anything longer than 27.5"!?? I find that really odd.

BShady

Try the appliance factory. I was just out on their site under chargriller the 2137 ash pan is 35" IAW Laura customer service rep.
Wow - I think that may actually do it! It's an inch short but half an inch on each side shouldn't be a problem at all. I'll check with them on the other dimensions to ensure it's width is ok - I need something like 12 3/4" wide I think, and if it works, I'll be ordering 2! One lasted maybe 4 years? And the rest of the cooker is rock solid. This is definitely the weak link. Thanks so much Tiewunon!:yo:

BShady

Wow - I think that may actually do it! It's an inch short but half an inch on each side shouldn't be a problem at all. I'll check with them on the other dimensions to ensure it's width is ok - I need something like 12 3/4" wide I think, and if it works, I'll be ordering 2! One lasted maybe 4 years? And the rest of the cooker is rock solid. This is definitely the weak link. Thanks so much Tiewunon!:yo:
And feedback on Appliance Factory - 9:30 pm EST on a Sunday, they answered my chat request immediately, checked on the dims/specs, took my email and will let me know - I'm happy with them and haven't even bought anything yet...

Reactions: Jim

tiewunon

I have had great luck buying the "unfindable" part. If you new the actual model number it would really help. The manufacturer may have made that exact grill for multiple companies. They would take your model number then cross reference to find a fit.
I sure hope they find it for you.