Salsa

H

hellocitty

My favorite salsa recipe is very simple. Use however much of each ingredient you feel is good. I never measure.

Tomatoes raw and diced
Onions diced
Cilantro
Salt

Mix with hands!!!

R

R. Paradon

That is simple for sure! And effective. I like to use different fruits in a salsa as well such as mango or even pineapple. Yep, sounds gross but they are pretty good. I am not going to bother adding a recipe here as it was don't on a previous thread...plus Google has lots of ideas as well!

M

MissPeggy

I like that Salsa recipe Hellocitty. I can see where you could just start adding whatever you wanted to from there. I also like to add a hint of fruit in mine R.Paradon. :)

L

Laurasav

Yes, I agree with those who like fruit in their salsas. I just finished one from American Spoon that was a kiwi lime. Really amazing and different. Your recipe is good and simple to make. I love cilantro, so I would have a heavy hand with that ingredient. I've never actually made my own salsa before. I buy either jars of it from local small companies or mix packages that you add to canned diced tomatoes. I think I could handle trying to make my own though!

D

dissn_it

Fresh made salsa just tastes so much better than store bought. I like to add diced jalepeno peppers to mine. I also use red onions, diced tomatoes, a little lime juice, a dash of salt and chopped cilantro. I will simply add some diced mangos to the mix to make a fruit salsa. The fruit salsa goes really good with fish.