Ribs on the Drum

S

sheepdad

It was such a nice day out yesterday that I figured I would get some yard work done and smoke some ribs on the drum.
I like my ribs dry so I did a couple with a sweet rub and one with some heat to it.
uploadfromtaptalk1364623768222.jpg
Got the drum running @ 275° with some apple chunks and pecan pellets and let her go for 3 hours.
uploadfromtaptalk1364623958404.jpguploadfromtaptalk1364623997980.jpguploadfromtaptalk1364624068727.jpguploadfromtaptalk1364624133365.jpg

S

smokinhog

That's quite a setup you have there sheepdad. Those ribs look wonderful!! We thought the same thing about the weather yesterday and ended up with chicken thighs on the grill and roasted vegetables. Spring is definitely in the air when you begin to smell the aromas from other grills in the neighborhood.

K

khartig

Looks good. How do you like you Big Poppa? Is there access to the lit coal or does the whole drum have to be lifted off.

S

sheepdad

I love it. Only access is thru the top. It comes with a hook so you can lift out the coal basket. I've had to add coals on cooks longer than 8 hours at the 7 hour mark and it took around 10 minutes to get it back up to temp with a mixture of hot and cold briquettes.

J

Juliette

These are some great photos. I envy you and your set-up. We have a regular old grill that's designed for ease and efficiency. It's nothing special at all. I love seeing what others are using.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
I really need to do some ribs soon. Been craving them and those pictures look good.