Newer Cast Iron Pots & Pans Compared At Americas Test Kitchen

O

ohiotom76

If any of you regularly watch Americas Test Kitchen, they recently did a segment comparing newer designs in cast iron pots and pans, such as the thinner lighter cast iron pans, and some unusual designs for cast iron pots that were supposed to cook better.

If you don't have a subscription to their site (I think they are broadcast for free on PBS as well), there is a link to watch the video below. It's in the middle of the show. You'll probably want to run some sort of Ad Blocker to avoid all the ads:

http://videobull.com/americas-test-kitchen-from-cooks-illustrated-season-14-episode-17/

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
Going to have to watch it. Thanks for posting. For some reason they do not show it on thier PBS Roku channel and Amazon does not have all episodes.

E

evelynmcgregor

I watch America's Test Kitchen a lot. Here in North Alabama, Comcast runs the Create PBS channel and ATK is shown there. I enjoyed seeing that segment on the cast iron. Thanks.

D

Diane Lane

I watch the show via DVR on PBS, and always find it interesting. I've never used much cast iron, so I'm interested in reading/watching information, so will check out the link. Apparently I missed this episode. I read a recent blog post elsewhere, but I always check various sources prior to buying.

B

BarbiQ

I have never watched the show and I am really glad you mentioned it here. I guess I just assumed it was another cooking type show so skipped past it in the television channel guide.

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to check it out right now. I would like a couple new pieces of cast iron cookware and if it's lighter, that would be great.

D

Diane Lane

I watch America's Test Kitchen a lot. Here in North Alabama, Comcast runs the Create PBS channel and ATK is shown there. I enjoyed seeing that segment on the cast iron. Thanks.

Ahhh, I wish we got Create here. My Mom loves the show & talks about it frequently, but I don't have access, at least via my provider. I still haven't watched the segment, will check it out now.

C

Cole

I have never watched that show either, and never even heard of it before. I don't believe we even get that channel around here, or if we do, it's something we have to pay extra for. :(