New Marinade recipe

G

grillqueen79

This is a new marinade recipe that we tried out over the weekend and it turned out really well. The recipe says to use it as a marinade for steak, but we used it on a pork loin instead.

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup steak rub
  • 4 tablespoons paprika
  • 2 tablespoons course black pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon white pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • 4 tablespoons rib rub
  • 5 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sea salt
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
  • Olive oil as needed
Directions

Combine all ingredients, except oil, in a large bowl. While stirring, add olive till the mixture is a "slushy" consistency. Submerge steaks in mixture, rubbing it into the surface of the steaks. Marinate steaks in mixture for approximately 30 minutes. Preheat grill to 425 to 450 degrees F and place steaks on grill, flipping halfway through. To cook a 16-ounce steak to preferred doneness, cook for: rare, 2 to 3 minutes on each side, medium-rare, 4 to 5 minutes on each side and medium, 6 to 7 minutes on each side

G

Gail

This sounds pretty similar to a marinade recipe that I have made before. I will have to give this one a try though because I always love new grill recipes.

M

MissPeggy

It looks like it would be really good and I have printed it out to give it a try. I'm with you as far as trying it on other meats.

T

TopChef

That sounds like flavor country, to me. I bet it was fantastic on pork. I love a good marinade. So many recipes make a marinade that imparts some flavor on the surface of the meat, but does not really penetrate.

A

Arnol Martin

I make my marinade simple but it will do the work. First, I grab a lemon juice, about a half a cup for 1/2 kilo of meat. Then a teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of MSG, 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of white pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of barbecue spice and that's it! before grilling, I put a half cup of cooking oil so that the smoke it will produce will flavor the meat upon grilling. Try it guys.

J

Juliette

I've yet to find a marinade we all agree on around here. I'm going to try this one over the coming month and see if it might work for us. Thanks for posting it! We have several bottles of balsamic vinegar we need to use as the bottles are becoming a little "crusty."