Looking for best grill for money under 1k

mrut

I have an old Weber that, after 15 years, has about bit the dust. It has performed fine but not stellar. I know you can spend a small fortune on high quality grills but I don't have that kind of money, nor could I justify spending that much.

What is a good brand that 1. can get really hot (good for searing steaks), 2. Has reasonably uniform heat control, 3. Well made, 4. around the 1k or less range.

I'm almost betting this doesn't exist but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks,
Rut

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
Honestly, I enjoy the old Weber's. Did it work fine for you when you had it? I keep saying I am going to get a new Weber Performer, but the money tends to go to other things. I believe the Deluxe has a gas start if you are into that sort of thing.

I know a lot of people enjoy their ceramic grills (Big Green Egg, Kamado Joe, Primo, etc...) and they are fair versatile. I have had my egg by accident get up to about 800 degrees and have also smoked as low as 200 on it. Depending on the size you could find one for under 1k. Accessories can eat up the budget however.

If you just want a gas grill the Weber Genesis II always get good reviews. I think some models may be pushing your budget but that is typically the stainless steel versions I think.

bathwalter

Weber is really a good grill. We gave it to parents, but it was a Weber Spirit, so they are happy to use it.
If we talk about a different model, then I would advise Royal Gourmet (we have this one). About pros:
Expansive cooking surface
High heat production
Additional storage space
Grease cup and ashtray
Temperature gauge Sturdy build

In fact, a lot of useful sites with detailed reviews and descriptions of grills of various types

Jorge

I love weber grills. I was actually looking on youtube at some grills just now. Its the "5 best gas grills" check it out who knows you might like one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bbqgeekincali

What model do you have, I found gutting out my Weber and replacing all the internals to be the best way to go. The new Weber’s tend to run really hot.

My 0.02

RossBolden06

I am looking for the best gas and charcoal grill combo for enjoying your meat in different cooking methods.
So I choose Char-Griller 5050 3 Burner Duo Gas and Charcoal Grill.

Last edited by a moderator: