Sauce Lifestyle Cooking Herb-packed chimichurri sauce complements grilled steak

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
A fresh, herb-packed chimichurri sauce complementing rich, smoky grilled steaks is an Argentine favorite. We think it’s a perfect meal for summer evenings outside with friends and family.

To translate the Argentine grilling method to our smaller American steaks, we rubbed the boneless strip steaks with salt and used the freezer as a dehydrator to evaporate the surface moisture; this, along with rubbing the steaks with cornstarch, helped them develop a substantial browned exterior on the grill. Covering the grill for the initial cooking jump-started the flavoring process.

Full Recipe

tiewunon

Jason,
I am all in with chimichurri sauce. In my Navy days I traveled alot. Started to experience and like the sauce. My wife is Colombian whose family moved to Miami. Huge Cuban influence there. Stumbled upon this site
In the beef subsection they have a churasco receipe with a cuban spin on chimichurri that is good.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
Thanks. I will have to try it out. There is a Cuban influence near(ish) me in Ybor near Tampa. Some great food down there, and cigars.

tiewunon

Jason,
Wow never thought I would get a response from the "head honcho". Got to say I like your listing of the upcoming cookoffs/contests. I have been to couple. We have two nearby here in Tidewater Va. Chesapeake Jubilee and Williamsburg and two readily close Eggfests ( Dizzypigs and Waldorfs).

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
Jason,
Wow never thought I would get a response from the "head honcho". Got to say I like your listing of the upcoming cookoffs/contests. I have been to couple. We have two nearby here in Tidewater Va. Chesapeake Jubilee and Williamsburg and two readily close Eggfests ( Dizzypigs and Waldorfs).
Got any news articles? If so post them up. I try and go through the news and find anything BBQ related that people might enjoy.