Hummus with pickled banana peppers

B

BarbiQ

We were hungry for a snack and the cupboards were a little bare since we were between shopping trips. I had two cans of chickpeas/garbanzo beans so I threw those in the food processor with some sesame oil and a little lemon juice and garlic powder. It tasted bland. I have a jar or banana pepper rings in the refrigerator so I threw some of those in there and blended it a little more and added salt.

Hey! It was pretty tasty! We used it for dipping carrots and celery. Healthy and quick.

T

Thyme2

I've eaten hummus with hot peppers and it's very good. The kids don't enjoy it but to my old taste buds it adds that little kick. They sell a really good one here but the brand name escapes me, it's spicy but not so much that you can't eat it.

B

BarbiQ

This wasn't too spicy. It had a nice bit of heat but it wasn't intolerable. I almost used the pickled jalapenos but decided on the banana peppers. You could always substitute the sweet banana peppers instead.

C

ChiliPepper

I normally can't stand the taste of hummus, but this recipe sounds very different from any hummus I have ever tasted. I love spicy foods so I am sure I will like the touch of banana peppers. I may even try it with jalapeno peppers.

R

ribz

Yuk! All the way around. I hate the consistency of garbanzo beans. When you chop them up they are just as bad (dry). I know they are healthy but I don't like them.