How did you find BBQ Geeks?

D

Diane Lane

It's been several months, but I believe I found the site through a Bing search :D.

tiewunon

I must say luck!!! I post/ed on another forum, that place has about died on the vine. Its no wonder with all the petty bickering and flame spraying by 3-4 members which ruined it for the rest of us. I lurked on here for a couple of weeks read many posts, liked the atmosphere and tone and then signed up. Guess its a credit to each of you and the moderators for how business is conducted on here.

J

Joseph Mwai

I happened to stumble upon a website and which coincidentally had some chatter from my friends. with that and my interest in cooking , Voila ... here I am. #BBQ Geeks

C

castiron

I was searching on the Internet for ideas for how to prepare new meals. I saw a few people recommending this website. I then mentioned it to a few friends and found out that they said they are regular lurkers, but do not post too often. I am one that likes to jump into a forum after reading it to find the "culture" of the forum, so I'll be posting a decent amount here. I love to find new ideas to keep my bbq'ing interesting for my family.
I like to bookmark articles, some say have to create an account to reply. Bookmaking a recipe page helps me locate it a bit faster then recalling a keyword, then scrolling when want the exact same webpage.

C

castiron

I found BBQ geeks through a site that has forums listed as well and since I love to BBQ, I thought this would be a very interesting forum.
My sisterinlaw said the forums were fun, sent me a link. I checked it out, though I hated forums, when those used in games to replace customer support for the members to help trouble shoot. But she was correct, this is fun.

C

castiron

So how did you find the website? Google? Facebook? Word of mouth? Other?
My sister in law sent me a link, telling me it would be fun, that she was having fun. I am having fun and getting reminders of what I use to do. Need two things at computer Grocery list to add to and journal for writing down recipes.

C

castiron

I found it through a site that lists forums under general interests. I was looking for a specific rub and I came across this site. Loved it and never left :D
I like some rubs but love the Sweet & Sizzlin sauce. If no choice, eat what host or hostess put in front of me, if a choice Want the sauce on my wings.

C

castiron

I think I found the site when I was looking for a homemade BBQ recipe and then I was really interested in the website because I realized that it offered some really good resources and some really good BBQ recipes.
I like simple recipes, and realized quickly I needed two things here steno book for grocery list and journal I use for writing recipes. I bookmarked the site so I can find it fast.

C

castiron

It was listed in a search engine as a possible forums that I may like to join and discuss barbecuing with other members. So far I've enjoyed my time here. I wish I could contribute more but time is limited.
I bookmarked this page so can find it fast. Using keyword search does not always bring back the webpages I had been in, forgetting how far I had scrolled.

C

castiron

Mostly word of mouth. I like to BBQ and a friend was like "You should check out this awesome forum site" and usually I hate forums, but I like this one because it makes me want to cook more and it also makes me hungry.
My sisterinlaw sent me a message with the link, saying about the same and that it was fun. I also hate forums, as they are in games. But she was correct this is fun.

S

SirWellEndowed

I google searched 400 lb girl eating BBQ ribs on the beach and bbqgeeks popped up in search. i like them a little on the big side.

O

oportosanto

lol what a search, I am doing to do the same search to see what results will come up. :)