Hey All from Kentucky

W

WildcatQ

I have been casually teachin myself to smoke for the past 1-2 years on my friend's smokers and wouldn't ya know it, my dog got me one for Christmas. Will be trying my first Boston Butt ever this weekend for Super Bowl. Will let you know how it goes.

L

L_B

Hi and welcome to the forum. When the grilling season gets closer the forum will really pick up..right now it is a bit quiet here. Good luck with your Boston Butt this weekend. I look forward to reading all about it. Have a great weekend and enjoy the Super Bowl.

W

WildcatQ

The Boston Butt turned out excellent. I have a Masterbuilt 30" electric smoker, I set it to 225 and about 6 hours into the smoke I was only at about 140 internal temp. I put my thermometer probe into the smoker and it was only reading 155! Anyway, I cranked up the set temp to 265 and it brought the smoker temp up to around 230. Once it stuck at 165 I wrapped her up with foil and turned up the smoker as high as it would go wince the Super Bowl was starting to quickly approach. It ended up hitting 195 at 10 til 6 which put it on the table at 6:20 for a 6:30 kickoff. Hope you all had a good weekend! Nice work Peyton.

Attachments

L

L_B

Wow that looks really good. Thanks for posting a picture. I am sure everybody enjoyed it! The Superbowl was an awesome game! We enjoyed it here as well though we didn't have the awesome food that you had!

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
Greetings and salutations. How are things in KY? Glad to hear your butt turned out good.

W

WildcatQ

KY weather is annoying, its 60 one day and 20 with an inch of snow when you wake up in the morning. I took a half day off work to go fish for some trout yesterday, drove a good 30-45 minutes to my spot, the entire lake was covered in an inch of ice! worst fishing story ever

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
Ouch. Florida is going from 70/80s to 50/60s from day to day it seems like. So I understand the frustration. However I got a 20 inch redfish on my last fishing trip, despite 3 dolphins scaring my fish away that day. So I cannot really complain.

fasdfsde33

I cranked up the set temp to 265 and it introduced the smoker temp up to round 230. Once it stuck at 165 I wrapped her up with foil and turned up the smoker as high as it'd pass to go for offset smoker.