Grilled Mahi Mahi

J

Jenine

I've always wanted to try mahi mahi tuna. The closest thing I came to grilling on the grill was Atlantic salmon, flounder and just regular old tuna.

P

prescott911

I've always wanted to try mahi mahi tuna. The closest thing I came to grilling on the grill was Atlantic salmon, flounder and just regular old tuna.
Yea, its pretty awesome. The closest fish I have eaten that is similar would be Rainbow Trout. The difference between the Trout and the Mahi Mahi is that the Mahi Mahi is like a body-builder with much firmer steak-like tenderness and it has teeniest tiniest tinge of saltiness to it. Sometimes it taste just like a freshwater fish with zero salt taste.

What a feesh!

J

Jessi

Yea, its pretty awesome. The closest fish I have eaten that is similar would be Rainbow Trout. The difference between the Trout and the Mahi Mahi is that the Mahi Mahi is like a body-builder with much firmer steak-like tenderness and it has teeniest tiniest tinge of saltiness to it. Sometimes it taste just like a freshwater fish with zero salt taste.

What a feesh!

I actually didn't know the difference in taste, so thanks for that random tidbit of info. I'm probably always going to picture Mahi Mahi with muscles now, though...

M

MsrCfsg

I think its one of, if not the MOST, beautiful fish in the ocean. Especially while they are still under the water, because of the shimmer, shine and gleam their scales cause. I believe this one is a male because his tall and elongated "forehead".

Thats a very pretty fish.
On topic.
I think that OP did a great job, if the picture was the outcome of all of their work.

E

evilmanikin

its a funny looking fish thats for sure. i want to see a deathmatch between a pack of em and a narwhal

X

xtinguish

I've never had that before, well at least I don't think I have. It looks great and I might end up trying it one day when it gets nice out.