Grilled chicken w/various sides!

P

prescott911

Here we have grilled Cherry Peppers, Blackened grilled Red Peppers, Rosemary-Garlic Roasted potatoes w/my Secret Sauteed Onion relish, Grilled Chicken and blackened Grilled Eggplant! It was a scrumptious meal!
IMG00082-20120321-2147.jpg

F

FireBrick

I bet you had a great meal with this! My family loves grilled chicken and for the side dishes, we have a list of favorites: roasted potatoes, grilled zucchini, steamed broccoli, and buttered corn, carrots, and peas.

M

MsrCfsg

I'm STARVING now! Rosemary-Garlic Roasted potatoes??? Yum!!! What amount of Rosemary did you put in the potatoes? I can never get that and Basil right. Sometimes I use to much, sometimes I use to little, so lately I've just decided to go with out it.

P

prescott911

I bet you had a great meal with this! My family loves grilled chicken and for the side dishes, we have a list of favorites: roasted potatoes, grilled zucchini, steamed broccoli, and buttered corn, carrots, and peas.

niiice, I love zucchini and would definitely like to add that to this dish. And I need to incorporate some corn as well.

P

prescott911

I'm STARVING now! Rosemary-Garlic Roasted potatoes??? Yum!!! What amount of Rosemary did you put in the potatoes? I can never get that and Basil right. Sometimes I use to much, sometimes I use to little, so lately I've just decided to go with out it.

Haha. The potatoes are to die for.... I had them first time at my friends house in Rome after his mother cooked some during an Embassy dinner back in '07. I hassled him for about a year trying to get him to ask his mom for the recipe. He never did so I just looked recipes online and tried to replicate them. I found some basic recipes and then eventually went on to make my own slightly different recipe once I had become used to making the first recipes I came across.

The rosemary is a little tricky because I hate the annoying texture it adds to the potatoes when the rosemary "needles" are too long. To me it's like eating fish filled with bones. So for a while I would search the spices section of the super-market for rosemary that was crushed. But about a month ago when I came up with a different solution that would allow me to use fresher rosemary when I decided I would just chop up the rosemary myself.

When I began chopping it was like when you cut your nails and pieces just fly everywhere, which just makes a mess when cutting nails, but when chopping rosemary not only are you making a mess but you are also losing nearly half of what you have. I quickly thought up a solution to that small dilemma and decided to pour a little bit of olive oil onto the cutting board I was using and then when all of the rosemary was wet with the oil it didn't go anywhere and was forced to be chopped mercilessly, with no potential for escape!

As far as the amount of rosemary I don't really measure, I eyeball it as I mix in and toss the olive oil covered potatoes with my hands in a big salad bowl. Then when I comfortable with the amount (which I just say is a moderate amount) I call it a day and move on to adding the other ingredients.

The other ingredients I use are super-finely chopped garlic, black pepper, salt, super-finely chopped basil, crushed red cayenne pepper and my best addition so far that makes the potatoes "restaurant quality' as I was told last week is PAPRIKA! I don't put the garlic in with the potatoes in the mixing bowl but I wait till I have them on the baking tray I use and then sprinkle them on top. I find that when I toss the chopped garlic in with potatoes in the salad/mixing bowl it just winds up sifting itself down to the bottom of the bowl.

I will take a few pictures next time I make a batch and post them here. I'll probably make them sometime this weekend if not tomorrow.

M

MsrCfsg

As far as the amount of rosemary I don't really measure, I eyeball it...

CUT.PRINT.DEAD. XD

I love that phrase, "Eyeball It". Thats so Paula Deen. In fact I was getting that vibe already when I saw the picture. It seemed like the exact kind of meal that Paula would put together. Anyway thanks for the advice. I really need it because I am completely and utterly clueless when it comes to spices. Now that doesn't mean that I am invalid in the kitchen or on the grill. I still manage to put my foot in every other meal I make. Only I don't go to far off the deep end with the spices if you know what I mean. There are certain spices which I smell and think, "boy that would taste great in my soup". I never use these spices though, because I want my food to come out perfect.

P

prescott911

CUT.PRINT.DEAD. XD

I love that phrase, "Eyeball It". Thats so Paula Deen. In fact I was getting that vibe already when I saw the picture. It seemed like the exact kind of meal that Paula would put together. Anyway thanks for the advice. I really need it because I am completely and utterly clueless when it comes to spices. Now that doesn't mean that I am invalid in the kitchen or on the grill. I still manage to put my foot in every other meal I make. Only I don't go to far off the deep end with the spices if you know what I mean. There are certain spices which I smell and think, "boy that would taste great in my soup". I never use these spices though, because I want my food to come out perfect.

I'm cooking up a batch right now. I shot a few videos for ya! I usually just experiment and learn by error/success after various (but hopefully few) attempts. I'll post them after I eat my late dinner! You can kind of guess-timate the measurements from "eyeballing" haha.

And my meals are WAYYY healthier/fresher than Madame Paula Deen!
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a1da2d268f/paula-deen-butter-intervention

M

MsrCfsg

Here are the links to the separate videos. I didn't edit them into one so I'll post the links to the youtube videos I shot JUST FOR YOU in chronological order.

Oh my word Prescott you are Awesome!!!!
Thank you for this. I will follow through. On a lighter note I made some hard candy this weekend but it turned out terrible. I used Kiwi Strawberry Kool aid packets for flavoring, because I don't have any flavor oils. Anyway it tasted like those old fashioned ball lollipops that kids sometimes sell at school. I was looking for a tangier, more fruity flavor. Will post picture soon.

Edit to Add:
Funny or Die is so Funny!

M

Mrs. Pirz

This looks delicious! It also looks like a well balanced meal - I would need a smaller portion with my petite size but needless to say I would probably want to eat the whole thing! I love the color on the chicken

S

shaun

Your meal looks yummy, healthy too. I love grilled eggplant, it adds a nice smoky flavour - excellent for tomato pasta dishes.

P

prescott911

Oh my word Prescott you are Awesome!!!!
Thank you for this. I will follow through. On a lighter note I made some hard candy this weekend but it turned out terrible. I used Kiwi Strawberry Kool aid packets for flavoring, because I don't have any flavor oils. Anyway it tasted like those old fashioned ball lollipops that kids sometimes sell at school. I was looking for a tangier, more fruity flavor. Will post picture soon.

Edit to Add:
Funny or Die is so Funny!

Haha, anytime. I would love to learn how to make my own homemade jolly ranchers, warheads and sour skittles but I am quite sure that will never happen!

P

prescott911

This looks delicious! It also looks like a well balanced meal - I would need a smaller portion with my petite size but needless to say I would probably want to eat the whole thing! I love the color on the chicken

Yea, the reason I make such a large amount is so that my Dad can have some (idk if you saw him hes in the 6th video link at the very bottom that doesnt have an image). We also eat the remainder of the batch within the following days with other dishes and it saves time because my meticulous and obsessive compulsive process can take up to just over an hour for that one batch from washing, skinning and chopping of potatoes to tossing adding of spices, chopping the rosemary and then finally the garlic and of course the necessary roasting.

I'm going to look into some editing software because I did enjoy filming the process quite a bit!

O

OwnagePrankers

Haha. The potatoes are to die for.... I had them first time at my friends house in Rome after his mother cooked some during an Embassy dinner back in '07. I hassled him for about a year trying to get him to ask his mom for the recipe. He never did so I just looked recipes online and tried to replicate them. I found some basic recipes and then eventually went on to make my own slightly different recipe once I had become used to making the first recipes I came across.

The rosemary is a little tricky because I hate the annoying texture it adds to the potatoes when the rosemary "needles" are too long. To me it's like eating fish filled with bones. So for a while I would search the spices section of the super-market for rosemary that was crushed. But about a month ago when I came up with a different solution that would allow me to use fresher rosemary when I decided I would just chop up the rosemary myself.

J

Jenine

Man, this looked like a fancy dinner of some sort. I would've definitely loved to come over your house that day. :)

M

Mrs. Rogers

That looks absolutely wonderful....and all things that I have growing in my garden! I can't wait for my eggplant and cherry tomatoes to be ready to harvest!

S

soulglazed

That looks delicious, especially the rosemary garlic potatoes! I'm starving right now, bad time to see this picture! I must admit though, I've never tried eggplant, but it's on my to-do list.