Grilled cabbage salad

T

Thyme2

Has anyone tried grilling cabbage? I like cabbage salad, like a vinegar coleslaw. I saw a recipe for grilled cabbage coleslaw. You cut the cabbage in quarters chunks, while keeping the core so it stays together when grilling. Brush lightly with oil. Grill for 2 minutes per side. Remove the core when cooled and chop into thin slices. You add shredded carrots, scallions (which you can also grill) and rice vinegar, then mix together.

D

DipsyDo

There's a recipe for roasted cabbage that I'll bet would work on the grill. Cut the cabbage in thick rounds, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic pepper and grill about 2 or 3 minutes per side. It sounds wonderful.

Reactions: L_B
L

L_B

I have never tried grilled cabbage but I am sure it would be good. I love fried cabbage. I could eat that every day. It is so good. Grilled cabbage will be on my list of things to try next grilling season. I have quite the list now that I am excited about because I was getting tired of always preparing the same things. Since joining this group I have heard of so many great ideas.

D

Diane Lane

It seems we're a bunch of cabbage lovers on this site. I've been craving chicken thighs, and the only way I like them is cooked on the grill, so I'll probably be breaking out the grill soon. I've been on a cabbage kick, so I might try making something like this to go with the thighs. Do you use green/white cabbage?

L

L_B

I never realized that there was a difference between green and white cabbage. I always thought they were the same thing. Is there a difference in taste or what exactly is the difference?