Grilled Grilled Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Soup

P

pennylane

This looks really yummy. Will have to make some soon. My mom always made pumpkin and squash soups in the fall. Eating them always takes me back!

R

romo

Wow that looks good! I bet you could add different spices to get different tastes out of it. I love creamy soups like squash and tomato soups. I've made broccoli soup and just put it in a blender to make it smooth and creamy.

T

Thyme2

That does look good. I really like the taste of squash and pumpkin when it's cooked on the grill. Never thought to make it into a soup. Thanks for the idea.

D

DipsyDo

The recipe looks good and the soup looks good but I just can't wrap my head around squash or pumpkin soup. Pumpkin should go in pies and rolls and cakes. Squash should be fried baked or roasted. Someone needs to talk me into trying the soup aspect of this.

D

Diane Lane

That does look really delicious. I think I'd have to have someone else make this, because there's no way the squash and pumpkin would make it into the soup. I'd have eaten them up before that, because I love them so much. I also never thought of roasting the pumpkin seeds with Old Bay, that also sounds yummy.

Cappy

Our butter nut squash that just started growing almost took over the whole corner of our yard.
021.JPG

They taste just amazing:hungry:.

We seldom fire up the p;it with out one on it. Left over smoked veggies often make it into soups and if you have never done this I highly recommend it.

D

Diane Lane

Our butter nut squash that just started growing almost took over the whole corner of our yard.
021.JPG

They taste just amazing:hungry:.

We seldom fire up the p;it with out one on it. Left over smoked veggies often make it into soups and if you have never done this I highly recommend it.

Grilling is a good way to quickly and easily cook veggies. I have a metal pan I use to put the small cut pieces in, but I've also grilled large slabs of eggplant straight on the grill, and it's now my favorite way to cook eggplant.

A

Amelie

This looks delicious, but I wish it were made of something else other than pumpkin. I couldn't eat pumpkin if my life depended on it. I just can't stand the taste.