Gift Cabbage

B

BarbiQ

That looks delicious! I've had smothered cabbage that had bacon in it and then it was mixed with noodles. It is the ultimate comfort food. Next time I am at the grocery store I will grab a head a cabbage and it's coming home with me. The last head was turned into ham and cabbage soup.

I wish I had a trading network like you've got going there. That is really terrific. Everyone gets something a little different and nothing goes to waste.

K

Kateri

This sounds simply amazing! I've never had cabbage this way before. My family really isn't into cabbage so I hardly ever get to have it. I like the idea that you let it cook down so much that you can't even tell that it is cabbage anymore. I may just have to try making this and hopefully I can trick the family into trying it.

R

Red Boots

We're coming up on my favorite holiday for cabbage--St. Patrick's Day! Nothing beats slow-cooked cabbage. I like the idea of mixing it up with Cajun spices. I never would have thought to try it. Now the gears are turning in my head...

B

BarbiQ

If you have a cast iron skillet, that is the best way to cook cabbage down and get it to caramelize really nicely too.

Thanks for the Saint Patrick's Day reminder. I completely forgot all about it until you mentioned it.

R

Rickhise

So for a mild Cajun simmering sauce for this cabbage is. Need recipe or tip here. Thanks

If your still reading would you ever throw in potatoes etc. or would everything you put in just take on the same flavor an basically become food filler with a different texture.
Which sometimes we need the filler for the hungry. As opposed to distinct flavored table fare

Cappy

We make our own Cajun seasonings however Tony Chacherie is close to ours ours is less salty and the flavors are balanced to our taste there are many varieties available I strongly recommend you look at where they are made. Potatoes and rice are both good additions

B

BBQteabwoi

Wow that looks like it would go down really well. It looks and sounds like it would be delicious. I am going to try this. I just like to try new recipes and eat something new everyday when I get the chance.