Georgia Peach Barbecue Chicken Salad

T

TopChef

I love entree salads when the weather turns warm. I am always looking for new ways to spice up a salad. This recipe looks like it will hit the spot on hot summer days. I can't wait to try it!

recipe_562_754-590-370.jpg

D

dissn_it

That does look really good. I don't think I have ever had peaches in a salad before so I will definaetly have to give this a try this summer. I like how the recipe uses a peach BBQ sauce on the chicken, too.

M

Mrs. Pirz

I love this kind of salad! It is very refreshing and throwing fruits in a salads adds great color, flavor, texture and depth! We make one like this at home but instead of tomatoes we throw in cranberries and coat the chicken with a ginger based marinade. Its delicious!

N

nene5

This looks really good. I love peaches in salad. Mango is great too. It gives a great and new texture and spices things up. I will try this.

T

taskeinc

Here are the ingredients for the Georgia Peach Barbecue Chicken Salad:
  • 1 bag (8 ounces) mixed baby greens salad mix
  • 1 bottle (12 ounces) KC Masterpiece® Honey Barbecue Sauce
  • 1 cup honey
  • 1 pound pecan halves
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 10 red grape tomatoes, cut in half
  • 10 slices seedless cucumber
  • 10 yellow grape tomatoes, cut in half
  • 2 cans (11.3 ounces) of peach nectar
  • 2 cans (21 ounces) of peach pie filling or topping
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces)
  • 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
  • 4 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper, divided
  • 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • Salad vinaigrette of choice
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 purple onion grated or cut very thinly
Instructions:

Mix barbecue sauce, pie filling, nectar, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons black pepper and 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor or blender until almost smooth to make glaze. Pour mixture into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and heat uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir often. Remove from high heat and reserve. Keep warm on low heat.

Preheat oven to 350° F. Roast pecan halves on baking sheet for seven minutes. Transfer pecan halves to a wire rack. Melt next three ingredients in pan. Pour over pecan halves. Let cool to harden mixture.

Coat chicken breasts with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Mound coals on one side of grill. Place chicken on grate over coals and cook for 2-4 minutes. Transfer to side of grill without coals; cook through, 15-30 minutes, depending on the chicken’s thickness. Baste with glaze every 5 minutes for the last 15-30 minutes of cooking time. Let cool before slicing and serving over mixed greens. Top with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, blue cheese, honey roasted pecans and vinaigrette.

from Grilling.com

S

SEA81

That sounds soooo good, and I don't even like peach flavored anything. (Yes, I'm from Georgia!)