Dutch Oven Gathering aka "DOG"

tiewunon

Have any of you ever been to one of these? At the CG I snowbird in a couple from TX put on the 1st DOG at the campground about 4 years ago and its kind of become a tradition. Yowza some very good food and not a soul goes away hungry.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
I have been to something like one. They had a group of about 10 people doing some demo's at an ourdoor store about an hour away from me.

O

oportosanto

Never came across something like that, but certainly has to be something interesting to see. :)

D

Diane Lane

I know that a group here in my neighborhood puts on something like this every year or two. I have never attended, and haven't heard anything about one taking place so far this year. We've had a few of the major players in the neighborhood pass away, so that could be why. The ones who've passed have been sort of 'elders' in the community, and were perhaps the ones to organize the get togethers, but I'm sure someone else will eventually take up the mantel. I think it sounds fun, especially if you know the people and can coordinate, so there's a variety of dishes.

O

oportosanto

The one this past Feb at the campground had 30+ cooks going at it. Great food was produced and got to meet some new folks and taste some new dishes.

That's the whole goal of it as far as I see it, good food, good people, that's the essence of life!