Deep Fried Turkey

L

L_B

With the American Thanksgiving coming up I was just wondering how many of you have ever had deep fried turkey? I see a lot of people doing it and the few that I have had that other people cooked, always seemed to be overcooked on the outside and not really done too well on the inside. I have also heard a lots of stories about fires starting this way too. I have never tried it but just wondering what everybody's experience were with it.

clemdawg

I love it. Just bought 6 gallons of peanut oil yesterday. I have cooked deep fried turkey for the last 5 years. Love it. Never had a fire. Always good and juicy. The secret is pulling it out to make sure its cooked thru.

L

L_B

Glad to hear from someone who has had a good experience with it. I guess you have it all figured out. I would love to taste one that has been cooked the right way. I am sure that it must be delicious.

H

Happyhoney

I applaud you clemdawg. I tasted it once and it was really good. However, it seems like a lot of trouble and expense for one holiday. Our local fire department sent out a letter with turkey frying instructions so there would be less fires and injuries. I guess some folks are not as careful as others.

B

BBQ OHIO

Can I ask for some advice... First time fryer, and its a 15lb bird. I know it needs to be completely dry, and seasoned/injected/brined.....I have a question on the prep of the bird.... like cutting off fat?? making the neck bigger??? And then your technique when actually cooking the bird

O

oportosanto

The most dry the better or else frying problems will occur.