Campfire doughnut treats

Kateri

Has anyone every tried to make these before? My family likes to have a sweet treat once in awhile while we are camping and these seem easy enough to make. All you need is a package of refrigerated biscuits, some oil for frying, and cinnamon and sugar. I bet these would make a tasty breakfast for dunking in my coffee. What are some sweet treats that you make over the campfire?

Briquet

That sounds good. As for us, we are boring and stick with making s'mores. I love s'mores though; they are so tasty.

I bet you could make some good cornbread or a skillet brownie with a small cast iron skillet over the fire.

rayne

I'll stick with the grilled fruit. Pineapple and peaches are my two most favorites. You could cut fruit up in containers and pack them in a cooler to take with you. Your skewers could be debarked branches. Sounds interesting doesn't it?

Cole

This sounds absolutely delicious! I have always had a love for doughnuts, so this is right up my alley. Fruit over an open fire is quite good as well, although it was mentioned previously.

L_B

I'll stick with the grilled fruit. Pineapple and peaches are my two most favorites. You could cut fruit up in containers and pack them in a cooler to take with you. Your skewers could be debarked branches. Sounds interesting doesn't it?
This is definitely something I am going to try next camping season. I have never had grilled fruit before but I see it quite often on here so now I am intrigued. I love fruit of any kind and I always pack some for our camping trip but we usually just eat it like that.