1 Cup Mayo
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar

Mix for dressing.

2 Heads Broccoli-- Chopped
1/2 Red Onion--Chopped
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Bacon

Combine and stir and add dressing. Refrigerate and serve chilled.

It tastes better after sitting for several hours. I usually make it the day before a BBQ so everything is blended nicely.

Enjoy!

M

MsrCfsg

Great recipee.
1 Question:
Is the Sugar absolutely needed?

H

hellocitty

Some kind of sweetness is necessary to give the dressing that bitter sweet bite. I have seen pineapple chunks used instead. This may be a good option.

M

MissPeggy

I think this sounds really good and I love broccoli. It especially sounds good for summer and outdoor BBQ's like you mentioned. I will give this one a try very soon. :)

D

dissn_it

This does sound like a really nice side for a BBQ. I also like how you can make it ahead of time and just keep it in the refrigerator until it is time to eat. I'll be giving this a try sometime this summer with some BBQ chicken. Thanks!

B

beckyv1265

That sounds fantastic. I did a bow tie pasta with marinated vegies.

H

hellocitty

I'm glad you all like the idea! I first had it at a BBQ and immediately fell in love.

I think I am going to make some soon. If I found out a 'healthier' dressing for it, I will post it. My husband had a heart attack and mayonaise isn't so good for him.

B

bigal3

WOW! that really sounded good. I will give it a try ASAP!

M

Mrs. Pirz

This sounds easy and yummy. I would probably not use the sugar and try something else instead - the pineapple chunks sound nice. I will definitely give this a try!