Bacon wrapped pineapple

B

BBQueen

In my family, bacon is the king of foods. This is a super easy appetizer that is a hit every time. It is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Take a large chunk of pineapple (I use fresh) and wrap it with a half slice of bacon. use a toothpick to secure the bacon. Lay the wrapped pineapple on a cookie sheet. Bake at 325 until the bacon is crispy and enjoy!

C

Charcoal

It does sound appetizing! I love sweet and salty combination, so I bet I will like this one. I think I came across a similar recipe before, and in that recipe, the bacon slices are dredged in brown sugar.

R

rayne

The problem at my house would be quantity. They all love bacon and pineapple and if I put these two together, they would be gone in no time. It does sound like a great dish to take to a luncheon though. Thanks for the idea!

S

sheepdad

Sounds perfect for the smoker. With a little rub on the bacon, this is a winner for sure. Thanks

H

Hilt

Our oven is a little flaky and I swear it is because of the electric setting. How can you make sure the pineapple will caramelize but not burn off? I had this issue with something a few weeks ago and I set it for the right temperature suggested and it still flaked on me.

B

BarbiQ

I think I would have to add a slice of jalapeno to that pineapple bacon wrap! I love hot, sweet, AND spicy. :p

Hilt, sounds like you may need to check your oven temperature. Do you have one of those oven thermometers?

S

sheepdad

I think I would have to add a slice of jalapeno to that pineapple bacon wrap! I love hot, sweet, AND spicy. :p

Hilt, sounds like you may need to check your oven temperature. Do you have one of those oven thermometers?

I'll second that jalapeno slice.

B

BarbiQ

Maybe we can even add a slice of onion too. That's how I like my pizza. Pineapple, bacon, jalapeno, and onion. It's a really good flavor combination. :)