A good choice for a charcoal grill is the Meco Series 4100 model 4106 Square Utility Charcoal Grill, Red. Simple and lightweight, it has added features that some other outdoor grills do not have. This grill will go anywhere, effectively handling grilling for picnics and outdoor gatherings. The tilt-away top detaches, and clean-up for the entire unit is easy. The lightweight grill with convenient features is a great choice to take for barbecuing at any outdoor event where an outdoor grill is desired.
The Features of the Grill
This portable charcoal grill has legs and wheels that make it easy to transport and stand. The top hood is on hinges that are easily unhinged for cleaning. The hood and bowl have vents for temperature control. Wooden handles and knobs are heat resistant for safe handling, and wooden side tables fold down for convenient transport.
The fire grate and ash tray are above the bottom of the bowl to prevent burning through the bottom. Meanwhile, the entire unit is designed for easy cleaning.
The grill cooking surface gives a total of over 340 inches of area or over 20 square inches for grilling. The metal surface grilling grid is nickel-plated to resist rust and corrosion.
The Pros and Cons of this Grill
Taking time to look over the positive and negative facts about a product helps buyers to be informed before their purchase. Then, they can be more satisfied when they buy an item. Here are some of the “good” and “bad” points regarding this Meco Square Utility Charcoal Grill:
– For the price, the grill has good value and quality.
– Company customer service is friendly and helpful.
– The grilling surface is adjustable.
– The drop tables are very handy. They provide table space on both sides of the grill.
– The vents are easy to turn without gloves even when the grill is hot.
– Temperature is adjustable.
– The height of the coals below the grill is modifiable.
– This grill is not a heavy-duty unit.
– Assemblage is required and time-consuming.
– The metal is of a cheaper, lighter grade than older models.
– The hinged top hood is difficult to attach and remove.
– The assembly directions are vague.
– Paint chips with the heat of the grill fire.
Using this Grill
First of all, the assembling of this grill with its many parts can take a couple of hours because the directions are not very clear. The product is lightweight and all parts should be handled carefully, but the size and convenient features make it a great value for the money. A simple grill with easy heat adjustment settings, this square grill is a great piece of equipment for preparing barbecue.
The Overall Performance
While there seems to be almost as many negative points as positive, this Meco Square Charcoal Grill is an excellent basic grill. An inexpensive price comes with excellent grilling equipment and extra features, a great value for the money. This grill is easy to store or transport to outdoor family reunions, company picnics and fishing trips.