When does "BBQ season" start for you?

J

Jessi

When does "BBQ season" start for you?

I know some people will grill year round, but for us, we don't clear off the grill in the middle of the snow. We generally wait until around, oh, June or so before actually BBQing regularly. Sometimes we'll get out there a bit earlier if the weather is really good or we're really craving some grill marks, hehe, but that's not typical.

B

Burg14

We grill year round here. Snow, sleet, rain or whatever the weather is. If it's terrible outside we take the grill in the garage. We tend to grill out every night from about May on.

C

Caryn

We grill out all year long. We don't care what the weather is like outside, we still enjoy grilling out. We probably grill out at least 2 to 3 times a week minimum. We were grilling out some walleye and salmon yesterday during our snow storm. We also started the grill up today and made some prime rib burgers and potatoes. I don't think that we ever missed a New Years Eve that we haven't grilled outside.

T

TequilaShotsAtTheBar

One of the few perks of living in Florida is that it's always BBQ season....YAY!!!! When I lived in NJ though we would start sometime this month depending on when the weather turned around.

D

dconklin

I start grilling as soon as the weather warms up enough to not have anymore snow on the ground. This is usually around the end of March sometimes the beginning of April. I have been known to cook on the grill on a winter day if the temperature is a little warmer then normal.

By April my grill is getting the workout.

H

Hysssss-teria

Yep, that’s our house, too. My husband does all the grilling, and he’s a native Swamp Yankee. So the only weather condition that bothers him is extreme heat. I’ve seen that man clear a path through the snow on the deck and stand in two feet of it just to grill some dinner on more than one occasion.

But that doesn’t surprise me, since he won’t shut the bedroom window until the temp drops below 20F.

H

Hilt

Oh you are silly, it has no end date in sight. We grill when we want to and when the local station around the bend has enough gas for us. Last year we had two pinches where they ran out and it was not cool by any means, we already had people at our house!!

R

roses12roses12

I live in Central Florida, so there is an opportunity to grill year round. I would definitely say we grill more in the Spring and the summer.

L

Lincoln

Although it's not planned, it seems like Memorial Day is usually the offical kick-off here for the grilling season. If it is any earlier than that, it is usually to cook steaks. I never do ribs or chicken on the grill until the weather is warmer.

A

Arnold

We usually start in the spring when it's warm enough to stay outside for a bit. I've tried the cold weather, but I just don't enjoy staying out there with the grill, especially when the wind is whipping up.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
Pretty much year around here. Some days it is cold here in Florida, but for the most part, I grill or bbq once or twice a month at least. More in the summer when it is too hot to cook inside. I ever change out the grill in the bar area from electric to gas I will be in some deep trouble though.

S

shaun

It depends on the weather, as soon as it starts to warm up, we fire up the grill and start cooking. Unfortunately it doesn't warm up until late May/early June, where I live. I can't wait for the grilling season to begin, I'm bored of cooking indoors!

D

dashboardc33

We grill all year round so technically grilling season has already started. We tend to grill more often in the spring and summer, but we will grill with three feet of snow on the ground as well. It is much more relaxing to grill when the weather is warm. We love to grill with a bonfire going as well.