This BBQ gloves works great really

Casey Padilla

These gloves work wonderful if you are removing a dry, hot item from the oven. I love using them when I bake cookies. They do not work around steam though. I burned my hands while wearing these gloves when removing a turkey from the oven. The steam from the pan went right through the gloves and burned my hands.

Diane Lane

What is the name of the gloves? It looks like Fivebop? Do you know if they come in different sizes? I'm forever burning my hands when I'm grilling, and even when cooking indoors sometimes, as well.

Diane Lane

Yeah, the glove named "Fivebop" and one size fits most, I got it last week, they have promotion at AMAZON store. i bought the fivebop mitts save 30% off use the code "FDG30OFF". but i don't know this code is still working or not now. here is link:
http://www.amazon.com/Fivebop-Silicone-Certified-Resistance-Indoor-Outdoor/dp/B00YKO2QZO
Cool, thanks. I'd heard of gloves for in-home use before, but not ones specifically designed for barbecuing, so these look pretty cool. I'll check them out, so I can learn more about them. This looks like it might be a good gift idea, as well.

L_B

Oh wow these are really cool. My husband loves doing the grilling so I think I am going to see if I can get him a pair of these with his Christmas gifts this year. He will love them and will get a lot of use out of them during next summer's camping season. Did you get them Diane?

Onatah

I wonder how easy they would be to clean? We often make things on the grill with aluminum foil such as our favorite, boyscout dinners. Makes for sooty mess. I even lay newspaper on the tray I use to carry them in the house with. My husband uses leather gloves and they are a hot mess (pun intended).

L_B

These gloves work wonderful if you are removing a dry, hot item from the oven. I love using them when I bake cookies. They do not work around steam though. I burned my hands while wearing these gloves when removing a turkey from the oven. The steam from the pan went right through the gloves and burned my hands.
That sounds very painful. A steam burn is always bad. I am glad you warn us of this because it is definitely not something I would have thought of.

tiewunon

Casey is spot on in my opinion concerning burn potential. Though I have not been burned using a glove like in the picture nor do I own one like that. However my daughter bought me a "Oven Glove or Ove Glove" a few years back and it came with a warning that stated do not use if it (glove) is wet due to steam burn potential. I really watch myself when using it.

Does it work? Yes, however the one I use gets dirty/stains very easy and extremely hard to clean. Its made with Nomex which I'm sure after repeated washing loses some of properties. Overall not a bad product though.

L_B

That is good to know. I was going to buy an Oven Glove and I didn't know anybody who had one so i wasn't sure what they were like. They are on clearance and a store down at the mall so.I think I will go get a few.

I have many pairs of leather gloves kicking around the house and I just grab a pair and go to it. Most are of the smooth side out and the ruff side in so they clean up good with saddle soap from time to time.

Cappy

The big problem I have with BBQ gloves is eventually the grease gets in them and then ya hafta hurry and snatch them off. I have tried several types over the year but when flipping chicken for example the grease always finds a way in them. If these work I cant wait to try them. When doing Big BBQ's for the church they would make flipping hundreds of chicken halves much easier and quicker.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
My issue with BBQ gloves tends to be I only wear them when moving grates or cast iron. Nothing seems to keep the heat away moving a hot pan from my grill area to the kitchen inside.

Cappy

I have some nice big quilter pot holders the wife sewed for me dedicated for black iron and bbq. They are blue jean on the out side thick with some kind of filler quilted and work great. For chicken flipping though I need something that the hot chicken dripping cant eventually penetrate. Last time we did chicken dinner at the church I wnet through 3 pairs of leather gloves and still singed my fingers the grease wicked in through the seams.