The Duchess Cooker???

Discussion in 'BBQ and Grill Photos' started by Shane The Painter, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Shane The Painter

Shane The Painter New Member

Hello everybody, My name is Shane. I’m new here and seeking knowledge. About 6-7 years ago I was in the process of building a UDS when I discovered pellet smokers. I abandoned my build and never looked back. Lately though, I’ve really become interested in vintage bbq grills (older Weber’s, Structo’s, Original PK grills etc.. While searching for an original Portable Kitchen grill I came across an old cast aluminum “kettle type” grill on wheels. I drove 2 hours to buy it from a woman who knew nothing about it. It ‘s called a “Duchess Cooker”. All I know is it was manufactured by the same company out of Ark. that made PK grills (it’s very similar). I’m in the process of refurbishing/customizing it and was hoping someone could tell me a little more about these grills. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
  2. tiewunon

tiewunon Active Member

Shane,
    I know the grill you are talking about. I have a 40+ yr old PK along with a 6yr old PK.
    If you are a Facebook person go on their to the PK Grill user group. Their are 3 to 4 active users on their that have Dutchess Cookers. Couple of them were barn finds that have been refurbed.
    Shane The Painter likes this.
  3. Shane The Painter

Thanks a lot for the info. I’ve REALLY been wanting a PK for awhile but my Wife’s still getting over the sticker shock of me bringing home a $1200 pellet smoker. All in due time I guess.
  4. tiewunon

tiewunon Active Member

If I may ask what pellet grill do you have? I've got too many cookers now but have the green light from the wife to add one more. Been looking at the Blaz'n line of pellet grills and the Karubecue "KBQ C-60" which is a not a pellet grill.
    Have a good time with the Duchess I really enjoy my PK.
  5. Shane The Painter

I have a Traeger Select . I just got the pro controller with the dual probes for it. If I was to have had more $ I would have liked to get a Mak. My buddy had a RecTec and loves it. I’m thinking about getting Rex Tex’s new open flame pellet kettle grill. I haven’t seen the grill you’re looking at but will definitely check it out.