Sweet Potato Dessert

Amelie

I know this doesn't sound like a dessert, but I tried it at my sister's last weekend and it was delicious. She grilled sweet potatoes and served them with vanilla ice cream. I had never tried that before but now it sure if on my dessert list!

Burg14

Oh, that sounds pretty good really. I have had it before. I love grilled sweet potatoes and I thought the same thing you did. Why add ice cream? It makes it sweet! My kids even like it. I only like vanilla ice cream on it though.

Ellyn

You can also deep-fry sweet potatoes in a vat of oil and add brown sugar to the oil until it melts and caramelizes, sticking onto the sweet potato chunks. The grease and sugar might not be necessary when it comes to ice cream, though... so I'll definitely have to try that! I've baked a potato-and-chocolate cake before, roots can be surprisingly versatile.

Tessa

I love sweet potato! I never would have thought to serve it with ice cream, but that makes plenty of sense. If you can serve it with marshmallows, you can certainly serve it with ice cream. I'm getting wonderful ideas for my next sweet potato pie...

Amelie

Actually I would have never thought of it before, but I guess some ideas sound strange until you actually try them. Then they make complete sense :)