Nec timeo, nec sperno
- 3 slices rump steak 10mm thick
- 12 rashers rind-less bacon
- 250 g lean beef mince
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped marjoram
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
Mix together the remaining ingredients.
Divide the mixture among the slices and press it gently on the bacon to cover it.
Roll up the meat tightly, wrap it in cling wrap and leave it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Insert 4 skewers through each meat roll at regular intervals and cut the meat between skewers.
Braai the wheels over moderate coals for about 15 minutes.