So What Did Everyone Cook Over Memorial Day

tiewunon

We just grilled some ribs. I was too lazy to break out the smoker. Will be stepping aside from cooking for a couple of weeks. Have knee surgery (MCL, PCL and meniscus) scheduled early tomorrow morning. So will turn over the cooking duties to the Mrs. Sure is a crummy way to get out of doing something you enjoy.

O

oportosanto

Grilled ribs for the memorial day, that's a good menu, simple and delicious!

H

hype88

BBQ'd a nice big tri tip, some ears of corn and then cooked some frank and beans and fried potatoes! That along with a few iced cold Stella's and I have to say Memorial Day 2016 was a great success!

O

oportosanto

Great description right there hype88, that is what bbq is all about. ;)

D

Diane Lane

I cooked up a few steaks and potatoes on the grill. It wasn't as hot then as it is right now, so I probably won't be grilling much until the weather cools off. But, I broke my big dish I usually use in the oven, it split, and now the oven's a mess, so I'll be cleaning that later. My next oven (I didn't buy this) will definitely be a self-cleaning one.

O

oportosanto

Sorry to heat about that Diane, certainly that a self-cleaning oven is a good choice.

D

Diane Lane

Thanks, it wasn't nearly as difficult to clean up as I had suspected it would be. I think it helped that I immediately cleaned up the excess pieces of food, and left it soaking for a few hours. Also, I combined vinegar and baking soda with water, and spread that around, which helped fizz the baked on parts off. I had previously lined the oven with foil, but it had somehow gotten torn, but once I finished this cleaning job, I fully lined the entire oven.

O

oportosanto

That's the trick, we clean it before it becomes hard or let is soak for some time.