Smores Twist

Discussion in 'Open fire' started by rayne, May 14, 2015.

1. rayne

rayne Member

Have you ever tried to improve on your smores? We have used peanut butter and Nutella on ours and I must say they were delicious. Any other suggestions out there?
  2. Kateri

Kateri Member

That sounds delicious! I love peanut butter, but I have never had it with toasted marshmallow before. I've tried using different variations of candy bars like Snickers and Kit Kats. The trick is that you have to cut these bars lengthwise first and then place the toasted marshmallow on them.
    rayne likes this.
  3. Briquet

Briquet Active Member

I have not gotten creative with smores. I have them so infrequently that I always want the classic recipe. It would be fun to try different candy bars though.
  4. Tessa

Tessa Member

I could get behind gourmet s'mores. I'd even be willing to swap out the graham crackers for something different. The marshmallow is the one thing I wouldn't mess with.

I think I might try a variation next time I make them. Fluff, peanut butter, and Nutella might just be a to-die-for combination...
  5. L_B

L_B Active Member

Have you ever tried making S’More Monkeys? All you do is substitute the graham cracker with peanut butter cookies, use peanut butter cups for the chocolate bars and top with fresh banana slices. They are some good!

Attached Files:

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Both peanut butter and nutella improve them, too much sugar, but delicious!
    slgkoiwng likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Active Member

Wow, I never thought of substituting peanut butter cups for the chocolate bars. I would probably skip the banana, but might use sliced strawberries. Do y'all usually use homemade cookies, or store bought? Mine tend to be a little softer, so perhaps store bought would be better for this project.
  8. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Actually all those combinations seem great, giving them a twist is always a good idea.
  9. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Active Member

Speaking of s'mores, what do y'all use to toast marshmallows? I have always just done it the old fashioned way, using sticks, unless I'm making them on my gas stove, then I use forks. I've been watching a lot of HGTV type shows lately, and it seems everyone pictured on the shows has fancy long marshmallow holders. I wasn't even aware there were such things, but they look handy, and I particularly like the ones that have two nicely spaced 'tines' to put two separate marshmallows on.
  10. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Sticks seems to be the better option, no need to make things up when the old way works fine.
  11. dcbake

dcbake New Member

Can't beat smores. Anyone ever tried honey roasted peanuts on theirs? Tis delicious.
  12. slgkoiwng

slgkoiwng New Member