Sloppy joes

B

BBQueen

I love sloppy joes and they are so easy to make homemade! All you need to do is brown ground beef in a pan. When it is cooked drain it and return it to the pan. Add 1 cup Ketchup, 2 tablespoons yellow mustard, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes or until warmed through.

D

DipsyDo

I have always loved sloppy joes but we seldom had them when I was growing up. Thanks for that recipe. I'll try it. What do you serve with them? Maybe some chips and a pickle or how about cole slaw. Would that be good on a sloppy joe?

B

Briquet

I love sloppy joes. We've been lazy and used the canned stuff, but that recipe looks really easy! I think we will try it next time.

DipsyDo, we usually have chips with our sloppy joes. A pickle on the side is good too. If we were healthier people we'd probably have veggies on the side.

B

BBQueen

I had potato wedges I baked in the oven and some veggies on the side but I have done it with coleslaw on the side too. It is really is not any more difficult to make it yourself and it tastes so much better. Besides the ingredients are usually something most of us have on hand anyway.

B

Burg14

That is simple! I have only ever had canned sloppy joe sauce. I did not realize there were so few things in it. I can make it! I even have everything here to try. Maybe I'll let my kids help and we can have it tonight.

G

grillin_n_chillin

We used to eat sloppy joes about once a week when I was a kid, but I haven't made any in a long time now. My husband has never been crazy about the meal. (Now that I've seen this thread though, I'm kind of craving one!) We never made our sloppy joes homemade though; we always bought the canned sauce and added ground beef to it.

B

BobbyBoberry

I love sloppy joes! I never make them though. I don't know why I don't, I just don't think about them I guess. I love the flavor and I always have to have slaw to put on them. Thanks for the recipe! I'll try that one out soon.

O

ohiotom76

I think I tried making a home made sloppy joe sauce a few times, but was never really pleased with the results, and went back to using the canned variety. One thing I noticed that was missing from your recipe, would be the bell peppers. I am almost certain the canned sloppy joe sauce is sweetened with them as well.

Cappy

We always add cajun seasoning and either light brown suger or cane syrup. Of course we often use pulled pork instead of ground meat for a whole nother step up.:bounce: