Shish Kebab

Discussion in 'Grilling Discussion' started by Briquet, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Briquet

Briquet Active Member

When I was a kid, I remember visiting my aunt and uncle. They made shish kebab with beef and several vegetables, then put a skewer's worth of food in a pita pocket with some sour cream. It was so yummy! I need to try and replicate it.
  2. dconklin

dconklin Active Member

I love kebabs! I make them in so many different ways, from shrimp to beef. I have even made veggie kebabs to go along with steak and potatoes. I quite often just use Italian dressing as a marinade for any of my Kebab fixings, even the vegetables.
  3. TopChef

TopChef Active Member

I love them, too. I usually put them on a bed of saffron rice. My favorite companions to the meat are onions, peppers, pineapple and cherry tomatoes.
  4. dissn_it

dissn_it Active Member

We just grilled kabobs this past weekend. We cut up steak chunks and squewered them with onion pieces inbetween. Then we made separate veggie kabobs with zuchini, yellow squash, colored bell peppers, and mushrooms. Having separate meat and veggie kabobs allow you to cook them at different temperatures. This way your veggies aren't burnt to a crisp while you are trying to get your meat cooked.
  5. You can't go wrong with a kebob...it's an entire meal on a stick! Someone once made one with steak and pineapple and something else and it was so nice. Tasted like I was in Hawaii.
  6. MelbLurker

MelbLurker Member

Capsicum, Prawn, Mushroom.

Simple, but so mouth wateringly amazing.
  7. Briquet

Briquet Active Member

That's a really good point. Whenever we've made kebabs, we put meat and veggies on the same skewers, and while the veggies were good, they were still a bit more cooked than I would've preferred. I will take your advice in the future; thanks!