Portobello Mushroom Burger

C

Canbeef

I saw a picture of this online and thought this would be a great recipe for my vegetarian friend. You need large portobello mushrooms for this burger. You just brush with oil and grill them on the BBQ approximately 5 minutes a side. Use thin burger buns and add cheese, tomato and lettuce.

D

DipsyDo

I love grilled Portobello mushrooms stuffed with cheese and jalapeños. We generally have them for appetizers rather than the main meal. Mushroom burgers do sound good and would be an excellent choice for a vegetarian.

T

Thyme2

I love portobello mushrooms as well. They have a mild earthy flavor that goes well with a lot of meats. I wouldn't have thought of using them in place of burgers but will definitely try it out.

L

L_B

I have made pizza usually portobello mushrooms as the base. They were very good and very tasty. They are great if you are trying to get down on carbs and you are still craving pizza.

C

cortana

Grill them right side up first. Then upon flipping them, fill the inside with the good stuff - your cheese, sauces, whatever.

I usually smother them in a spicy BBQ sauce and serve like a cheeseburger. Our Acme/Giant sells packs of three huge bellas. The produce junction near us sells them dirt cheap and dirty, but you've got to eat them within a day or two from there.

L

L_B

Grill them right side up first. Then upon flipping them, fill the inside with the good stuff - your cheese, sauces, whatever.

I usually smother them in a spicy BBQ sauce and serve like a cheeseburger. Our Acme/Giant sells packs of three huge bellas. The produce junction near us sells them dirt cheap and dirty, but you've got to eat them within a day or two from there.
Sounds really good. I will have to give them at try on our next bbq season. Now that Christmas is over I just want bbq season to hurry up and get here!

C

castiron

I saw a picture of this online and thought this would be a great recipe for my vegetarian friend. You need large portobello mushrooms for this burger. You just brush with oil and grill them on the BBQ approximately 5 minutes a side. Use thin burger buns and add cheese, tomato and lettuce.
I love mushrooms, and this sounds great, as a pizza burger, mozzarella cheese some pizza sauce on flat bread with a garden salad for dinner.

Reactions: L_B
L

L_B

I love mushrooms, and this sounds great, as a pizza burger, mozzarella cheese some pizza sauce on flat bread with a garden salad for dinner.
This sound good. Definitely going to give temperature a try this way.