Staff member
  • 6 pork thick rib chops
  • 1 sweet potato sliced
  • 2 apples cored and sliced thickly
  • 1/2 tablespoon salt
  • ground black pepper to taste
  • 5 tablespoons butter
  • 5 tablespoons brown sugar
Brown the chops quickly on each side then put each on on the shiny side of a greased piece of foil.
Lay sweet potato and apple slices on top and season with salt and pepper.
Add a pat of butter and sprinkle brown sugar over before folding the foil to make a secure parcel.
Place the packets on a grid over hot coals for about 30 minutes.

L

LoveThatBBQ

These sound like they would be really good! It also sounds like a very easy recipe too. I wonder though, if you want to bake them in the oven, what temp would you use?

B

ber4

That sounds absolutely delicious! I would make it in the oven though, too cold for cooking on hot coals. I love any recipe with pork chops and apples. Apples just bring out a different flavor in the pork.

F

FireBrick

This one sounds really tasty. Like the others, I want to try making it in the oven. I don't think I have ever used sweet potato with rib chops, so this is something new to me.

J

JohnB

We tried a pork chop, apple, sweet potato meal over cornbread stuffing last week, and it was delicious. Instead of slicing the potatoes, we cut them into chunks and parboiled them for ten minutes before putting them in with the pork chops and apples. It cooked for about 45 minutes and was really good.

B

Briquet

It's hard to beat apples and sweet potatoes with some pork. I've had different variations and they usually added some onion or leek, but I’ve never tried this particular recipe. Thanks for sharing!

S

sheepdad

Oh yea! That does sound good. This recipe just made my list. Thanks Jason:cool: