Peanut-buttered Pork Loin

L

Laurasav

Black Pepper
1/3 C Orange Juice
1/4 C Peanut Butter
3-5 lb Boneless Pork Top Loin Roast

Trim fat from pork loin. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste. Insert a meat thermometer near center of roast, if desired.
Blend orange juice gradually into peanut butter, beating with a fork or whisk until smooth.
Over medium-low heat in a covered grill, place roast on a rack in roasting pan on top of the grill rack. Cover and grill for 75 - 105 minutes or till thermometer registers 140 degrees. Brush roast with peanut butter sauce and grill another 30 minutes or until 160-170 degrees, occasionally brushing with more sauce.

J

Jessi

I know that pork and peanuts are supposed to well together, but I've never had it myself. I really don't know how I feel about the idea of a peanut butter and orange juice being not only the main ingredients....but the only ones. Sounds like it'd be strong.

L

Laurasav

This is a recipe I got from a friend's recipe exchange group. I've not made it yet, but I'm really not overly fond of pork. I'd make it for the hubby though, maybe, since he loves pork. And he loves peanut butter - another thing I'm not fond of. I might like it better though since it's with orange juice, the one thing I DO like here! LOL! :D

G

grillqueen79

I have never thought of having peanut butter with pork before, but it might be really good. I am going to have to give this a try as soon as I can find an affordable pork loin.

P

Parker

I have never heard of peanut butter and pork especially with orange juice. I think it would really work for chicken though. I might try this out on my girlfriends for our next girl potluck.

G

GwapaLala

This sounds yummy. This is one of the main reasons why I love peanut butter. It goes well with meat, especially pork and beef!

Reactions: L_B