Parmesan Roasted Potatoes

Hilt

We have had these before and sometimes I tend to change the seasoning around but this is a general recipe so everyone can be a little creative. I found it online and also a friend sent me a similar one but she used some type of different cheese. We have a get together planned for this weekend so I will be making them again.

Ingredients
  • 4 cups cubed Yukon Gold potatoes
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions
  1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Place the cubed potatoes into a baking dish. (The cubes of potatoes should be about 3/4 of an inch on all sides) You can spray the baking dish with a baking spray too to eliminate anything possibly sticking
  3. Pile on the olive oil, garlic salt, salt, paprika, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Using your fingers, or a spoon if you feel inclined, get in to the potatoes and carefully mix everything around until the seasonings coat each potato.
  4. Transfer the baking dish into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss the potatoes with a pair of tongs. Put the baking dish back into the oven and bake for 10 minutes more. Remove the baking sheet and give them another toss and place them back in the oven and roast until they are golden and crispy.
  5. Season with an little dusting of sea salt and extra parmesan cheese and serve.

ber4

I love potatoes! If I ever had to live without eating potatoes I would probably croak! This sounds so good. I love cheese and I love potatoes. I'm going to give this one a shot. Thanks for sharing!

Hilt

I feel the same way, I love starch in almost all forms so going without them is not an option. We are going to try and grill on Sunday. Right now they think it will be about 60 or 70 which is fine, even if it gets windy we can always eat in the house.

Amelie

This sounds delicious. I love potatoes in all forms and especially when they are baked. However, I am not really a big fan of Parmasan cheese. But I guess I can use a different one right?

ber4

I have made this recipe (on the grill) and with cheddar and Swiss cheese. It was amazing. I don't think it really matters what type of cheese you are going to use. Just use a cheese that you like.

Hilt

I have tried it with cheddar but not the other, how much of a taste difference is there? Cheese is a big thing in our house as it seems we all like something different so I might need to experiment more with some of the selections our local deli has to offer.

TopChef

Cheddar would work fine, but it would be a very different dish. I've made this recipe before, but I have to acknowledge that I don't go out of my way to buy a specific type of potatoes.

I like to boil small new potatoes, drain them and then sort of flatten them down with the bottom of a glass. I place them on a baking sheet coated with olive oil, drizzle a bit over the top and then season them and top them with some of that dried parmesen cheese out of the jar. Bake them until the tops are a bit brown and the bottom is crunchy. yum,, A favorite at my house to go with baked chicken, meatloaf,, just about anything. If fact,, I have some new potatoes I got at a farmer's stand and I think they will be done with meatloaf Thursday night, Tomorrow is my daughters birthday and she is making shrimp alfredo for her birthday dinner.

Linkess

This sounds delicious! I can't wait until our next bbq day to surprise the family. We love vegetables so I may modify it by adding onions and tomatoes.

Diane Lane

@Hilt I love potatoes and cheese, so I can see that I'll be trying out this recipe. Can you give me an idea of the size of the baking dish you use for this?

@evelynmcgregor Evelyn, how long do you cook them, and at what temperature?

I like the sound of both of these recipes, they both sound like nice versatile side dishes that will go with most dishes I cook.

L_B

So many great ideas for potatoes here. I love potatoes but I get tired of eating them the same way all the time so its nice to see so many various recipes and suggestions.