Nec timeo, nec sperno
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 10 chicken thighs
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 300g button mushrooms
- 3 cups riche
- 1 tablespoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon saffron dissolved in 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 8 cups fish or chicken stock heated
- 1/2 chorizo sausage sliced thinly
- 500 g cocktail sausages
- 10 large prawns
- 20 black mussels or mussels in brine
- 300 g frozen peas
- 15 black olives
- 1 can tomatoes drained and chopped
Fry the chicken thighs until they are golden brown then add the onion, garlic, green pepper and mushrooms and fry them until the onion is translucent.
Add the rice, seasoning, saffron and stock and simmer for 45 minutes or until the chicken and rice are cooked.
Arrange the slices of chorizo sausage, the cocktail sausages, prawns, mussels, peas, olives and tomato on top and simmer for another 10 minutes adding more stock if necessary.