My Next Cooking Adventure

D

Diane Lane

I recently tried to make corn tortillas using instant masa. The results were underwhelming, but I think that was due in part to the product and recipe I was using. I still want to make tortillas, but next time, I'm going to try making flour tortillas instead of corn ones, and I'm going to take my time and set up the kitchen and table ahead of time, so I'll have room to roll them out properly.

I was sort of rushed last time, and the recipe on the package of masa was way off, but I'm going to look around for a good flour tortilla recipe with plenty of reviews and feedback from real life people who've tried the recipe and been successful. Once I'm an accomplished flour tortilla maker, I can focus on grilling up some nice taco fillings.

Does anyone here make their own tortillas? If so, would you mind sharing your recipe?

O

oportosanto

Corn tortillas really? I need to give a try to that! Recipes are surely very important, they determine all the flavor.

D

Diane Lane

I still haven't gotten around to even looking for a nice flour tortilla recipe, let alone trying to make them. I have spoken to several people who definitely recommended going with flour, rather than corn, though. Apparently the flour mixture sticks together better, and is easier to manage than the masa mix. If I find one that works for me, I'll post it here so you can try it.

O

oportosanto

I will be looking forward once more for your wise cooking tips Diane. :)