Ingredients

• 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
  • 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil, or to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 4 hamburger buns, split
Directions

1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
  2. In a bowl, mix the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, basil, garlic salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 burger patties.
  3. Lightly oil the grill grate, and cook burgers about 6 minutes, turning once, to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), or to desired doneness. Serve on hamburger buns.

D

dissn_it

Well, we do like basil...
This sounds like it would be a really good burger to try sometime on the grill. I am thinking it would be good with mozzarella cheese on a kaiser roll with some homemade aioli, fresh sliced roma tomatoes, and arugula or romaine lettuce. Thanks for the share!

M

melissa

NP :) Ive served them with romaine lettuce, homemade perogies, and homemade sweet potato fries for my little picky eater :)

J

jovan107

I do like basil and it has amazing health benefits. This recipe looks very delicious. I will definitely give it a try.

O

ohiotom76

This sounds pretty interesting, almost like a meatball burger of sorts. I bet this would be great with fresh basil too, and/or perhaps instead of using ground beef, try something like ground chicken or turkey, or even duck!

The sweetness of the basil sounds like it would be an interesting contrast to the saltiness of the Worsteshire sauce.

For what it's worth, if you have some fresh basil on hand and you happen to have a cold - steeping it in some boiling water to make a tea will help clear up a stuffy nose pretty quickly.