R

R. Paradon

In a large bowl add the following:
4 tablespoons of soy sauce.
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 or 2 minces garlic cloves
4 tablespoons finely chopped green onions - all of it the green as well as the bulb.
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds - on a low flame toast them in a tiny bit of oil until they darken. i have tried it without toasting them but the flavor is just not the same.

Cut up about 1 1/2 pounds of sirlion tip or even a cheap cut of beef and marinate it in the sauce for about three or four hours, mixing it up occasionally.

Then on a small grate bar-b-que it until it is done.

You can also use pork and then you call it Pool Go Gee!

O

ohiotom76

I've made these before, they taste great, and they're great as appetizers for parties too since they cook up so quick and are easy to serve on skewers.

The only thing I had to watch out for was what brand of sesame oil I used. Some of them are really mild, and others are super pungent and overpower the dish.

R

R. Paradon

LOL...that is what they invented beer for! Usually I will use a medium colored sesame oil. I used to eat Korean food a lot with I was there and the only thing I can not duplicate is real kimchi! I just can't see myself digging a hole in the ground and waiting for about six months!

C

Charcoal

I like bulgogi. I had Korean friends before, and when we're together, I always asked them to make bulgogi. They usually served it over a bowl of steamed rice or wrapped in lettuce.