KettlePizza mod converts grill into oven

Jessi

http://www.kettlepizza.com/

We were talking about grilling pizzas in another thread last night and this morning, this little guy popped up in my feed reader. What do you think? Worth the price at all or might as well just cook the pizza directly on the grill?

They mentioned making cookies this way, too, so you don't have to turn your oven on in the dead of summer. Now there's an interesting idea...

TheMaster

Dude that is just awesome.. That is probably on of the most unique and ingenious thinking you can get right there.. I could only think of grilling up some BBQ Chicken Pizza with some Cedar wood or something.. Or even apple OMG that would be amazing I want to try it now. Thanks for the awesome share.

goodselfme

I am not generally a skeptic, however this pizza oven idea has me wondering how the result will be. A pizza oven is over 400 F and with the open end, I doubt it will get that hot.Be interesting to know the end results of a pizza cooker.

roses12roses12

I would be interested in seeing some reviews on this before thinking about purchasing it. It sounds great, but I have bought things that sounded great, that ended up being flops.

That looks really interesting. It would be nice not to have the oven on so much in the summer. I want to start this right away but we have had some rainy days lately.

j_pin

Oh wow! This is awesome! I'm definitely going to see if I can get one for my grill. I would love to be able to grill pizza like that. It would be a great excuse to invite everyone over and make them buy the beer too :)

saucygal

I don't think something like this is necessary, but if you were a pizza enthusiast and it truly made the pizza taste better or a lot easier to cook, then it might be worth it.

josh0322

That DOES look awesome! I wonder how well it works. I would love to be able to easily and quickly grill pizza outside. I think it would really add to the flavor of the pizza too instead of just a plain old natural gas oven cook. Has anyone tried this first hand? Did you take any photos? How did it turn out?
I can't wait to hear some direct feedback about this product. Seems like it would be a great addition to any grill.

BBQSteve

I am not generally a skeptic, however this pizza oven idea has me wondering how the result will be. A pizza oven is over 400 F and with the open end, I doubt it will get that hot.Be interesting to know the end results of a pizza cooker.
you can get a weber kettle up to 700 degrees with ease ... .

TheMaster

I was suprised when I was outside the other day and I saw my neighbor out using this.. I didn't go over and check it out but it looked kinda cheap. When he pulled out the pizza it was burned.. Not sure if he just forgot about them but it was burned.

Hilt

That is much cheaper than the outside pizza oven I have been trying to talk my husband into for a few years. I bet we could go for this and the kids would get a kick out of it too. What is the price?

soulglazed

I'm a little doubtful because of reasons already stated in here but I'll say one thing, I really like the concept and look of it.

smokinDu

hmm.. $220? just so happens i work in an aircraft factory.. we have some SS laying around and doesnt look too hard to fabricate.

Pat

The idea is great, I wonder what else can be cooked on the grill using the insert. It would be good to have a hot dog and pizza party.

Juliette

If I had lots of storage space outside, I could go for one of these. Since I have to be careful what I keep because of storage scarcity, I'd have to pass on this one. Still, it's a great concept.