Grilled Island Burgers

S

sparky01

Serves: 4 servings

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 packet beefy onion soup mix (recommended: Lipton)
2 tablespoons ginger teriyaki marinade mix (recommended: McCormick Grill Mates)
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple rings, drained, juice reserved
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon wasabi paste
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 whole-grain burger buns
Lettuce, tomato, onion, for serving

Directions
Get the grill going for a nice hot grill and slightly oil before cooking.

In bowl stir ground beef, soup mix, teriyaki marinade mix, and 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice.

Form 4 patties and gently press pineapple rings into the top.

Season burgers with salt and pepper. Place on grill pineapple side down. Cook for about 8 minutes per side for medium.

Mix together mayonnaise, wasabi, and soy sauce.

Serve hot on toasted buns with lettuce, tomato, onions, and wasabi mayonnaise.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
I am not sure about the mayonnaise but I like the pineapple idea.

T

Tessa

Man, does that sound good! I love a good Teriyaki burger. The pineapple seems a little weird at first glance, but trust me, it is amazing. One try, and you'll never go back.

I think I'll skip on adding the soy to the wasabi mayo, though. Wasabi and mayo work just fine by themselves for me.

E

evelynmcgregor

This sounds so good. I like pinapple on my burger so pressing the pinapple ring into the top of the burger sounds wonderful. Thanks for the good idea, will be trying this this weekend for sure.

O

ohiotom76

Pineapple and Teriyaki flavors go together wonderfully. Though I don't often eat them with beef but rather grilled chicken. My only big concern here would be the onion soup mix *and* the McCormick seasoning mix *and* the soy sauce all together might be way too salty. I'm thinking I would maybe cut back on the soup mix a bit, since that in particular is really salty. Or perhaps there is a lower sodium one available.

I don't often cook with wasabi because the heat is a bit much for me, but I would be interested in trying it mixed with mayo, since that will probably take the edge off like it does with horseradish.

R

rubadub

The pineapple sounds refreshing. I think I will really like this one. We are always looking for different ways to make burgers. I have never tried adding pineapple. I bet the kids will enjoy it too.

R

Red Boots

Pineapple on burgers is heaven. I love mine with teriyaki sauce. I wasn't a believer initially, but my brother made me into a believer. Now it's one of our all time favorites. I have to have one once a month.