Irish Grilled Steak

R

R. Paradon

Looks like I have been on a culinary world tour lately but am having a lot of fun finding new and scratching my brain from what I have eaten in the past in different countries I have been in.

This recipe starts one day and ends the next! Marinate it over night and when you are ready to grill it will be delicious and if you really want to be Irish for this meal get a few bottles of Beamsih Stout!

Ingredients:

1 flank about 1 1/2 pounds
3/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup dark soy sauce
4 minced garlic cloves cloves garlic
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
crushed black pepper and salt to taste

1. Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl and cover it. You will want to shake it occasionally to keep the ingredients from just sitting.

2. The next day drain the meat and grill over a medium heat. The amount of time of course depends on how you like your steak.

3. Brush the cooking meat with the left over marinade.

4. Grab a beer and a plate and have fun!

D

dissn_it

A culinary world tour sounds like an awesome idea! Being part Irish, this recipe caught my attention. I was surprised by the use of applesauce and apple cider vinegar on a steak but would be willing to give it a try. I do like step 4, that is the best part of your recipe. Thanks!

R

R. Paradon

A culinary world tour sounds like an awesome idea! Being part Irish, this recipe caught my attention. I was surprised by the use of applesauce and apple cider vinegar on a steak but would be willing to give it a try. I do like step 4, that is the best part of your recipe. Thanks!
Thanks dissn_it! I have not been to Ireland yet but my former MIL was a Bryant and she did some awesome cooking. And a great lady as well. She died at least 20 years after I divorced her daughter but I was always a part of the family. One great lady. She did not drink but when I came to visit and when I lived in the family home when she was getting sick and needed help she would always say one word when she knew I was drinking.....SON.....

O

ohiotom76

This does sound interesting. I had never heard of soy sauce being used in Irish cooking. The applesauce seemed a little unusual too, but the more I thought about it, I could see it tasting good. I used to work at a restaurant that would mix apple butter into their BBQ sauce, and it added a really nice bitterness and tartness to the sauce.

R

R. Paradon

That is too funny!
I haven't been to Ireland myself yet either. It is a good thing we can go there on a culinary trip at least!
Thanks! She was one great lady!

Yes, I have been having fun lately playing with foods from different countries. At the moment I am hooked on Indian food and have found a great site on YouTube http://titlisbusykitchen.com/. She is fun and makes everything look so easy! Unfortunately easy for her does not mean easy for me! At the moment I wish my kitchen was outside. I'd just sprinkle some soap on everything and hose it down!

D

dissn_it

I know what you mean. I tried to make an Emeril recipe once because he made it seem so easy. I learned real quick that exact same lesson, easy for them is not easy for me and the resulting mess was overwhelming!