Hummus with pickled banana peppers

BarbiQ

We were hungry for a snack and the cupboards were a little bare since we were between shopping trips. I had two cans of chickpeas/garbanzo beans so I threw those in the food processor with some sesame oil and a little lemon juice and garlic powder. It tasted bland. I have a jar or banana pepper rings in the refrigerator so I threw some of those in there and blended it a little more and added salt.

Hey! It was pretty tasty! We used it for dipping carrots and celery. Healthy and quick.

Thyme2

I've eaten hummus with hot peppers and it's very good. The kids don't enjoy it but to my old taste buds it adds that little kick. They sell a really good one here but the brand name escapes me, it's spicy but not so much that you can't eat it.

BarbiQ

This wasn't too spicy. It had a nice bit of heat but it wasn't intolerable. I almost used the pickled jalapenos but decided on the banana peppers. You could always substitute the sweet banana peppers instead.

ChiliPepper

I normally can't stand the taste of hummus, but this recipe sounds very different from any hummus I have ever tasted. I love spicy foods so I am sure I will like the touch of banana peppers. I may even try it with jalapeno peppers.

ribz

Yuk! All the way around. I hate the consistency of garbanzo beans. When you chop them up they are just as bad (dry). I know they are healthy but I don't like them.