Honey Mustard Roasted Red Potatoes

ohiotom76

Tried this recipe yesterday for something different, and was pretty pleased with the results. This is a slight modification from the recipe on the bag, but everything is really to taste as you see fit.

1 pound of small to medium red potatoes, quartered
2 Tablesoons of melted butter
1 Tablespoon of honey
2 teaspoons of mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper or to taste

Grease a baking sheet or baking dish big enough for the potatoes to fit snugly but not overlap, and add potatoes. In a small dish, melt the butter then stir in remaining ingredients and combine thoroughly. Pour evenly over potatoes and toss them gently. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 45 min to an hour until fork tender and golden - stirring at least 2-3 times during cooking, so they are evenly coated with the honey butter mustard mixture, and brown evenly.

This is basically the same as the original recipe only I upped the mustard powder and added onion powder, in addition to specific amounts for the salt and pepper (the original just said a pinch, which wasn't enough).

Some other reviewers on similar recipes mentioned that they parboiled their potatoes for a few minutes first for better results. I may try this since the insides of the potato were a bit dry and pasty, but I was initially worried the parboiling might cause the skins to start peeling off.

apes

I love red potatoes, in fact they are the only ones I eat. I am not really into any mustard but I would try this. Can you taste the mustard much or maybe just a hint of it?

L_B

I have to try these. I love red potatoes and honey mustard is my favorite sauce. I can't get enough of it. I don't like just mustard but I love honey mustard. It is so good!