Grilled Honey Glazed Grilled Carrots

Diane Lane

I've made maple syrup glazed carrots in a pan on the stovetop before, but have never grilled glazed carrots like this. Since I'm still waiting for it to cool off enough for me to comfortably grill, I've been looking around at some recipes, and I came up with this one. I know it'll be delicious, since I've had a variation before, and I'm looking forward to trying it, so wanted to share. http://www.101cookingfortwo.com/honey-glazed-grill-carrots/

Amelie

Those carrots look delicious. I have never grilled carrots before. Would that be something you would use as a starter or a dessert. It looks more like a dessert to me.

Diane Lane

Those carrots look delicious. I have never grilled carrots before. Would that be something you would use as a starter or a dessert. It looks more like a dessert to me.
It would depend on who you're feeding. I doubt most children would consider them dessert, but it could entice them to eat some veggies. I made them as an accompaniment to a meat dish I had cooked, but I don't recall what it was. Most likely pork roast, since I cook that pretty frequently, or perhaps pork chops. You can lighten up the syrup, just use less, so it wouldn't be as sweet. They would make a nice appetizer, also.

L_B

These carrots look so good. It would be almost like eating candy. I do squash up in a similar way and everybody loves it, even the kids, who normally aren't too happy about eating their vegetables.